At Mahaj, we take your privacy very seriously. This policy describes how Mahaj collects and handles your personal information when you use our Site. This Policy only covers Mahaj and the information we collect on the Site and does not extend to people. We reserve the right to modify this Policy. We will notify you of substantial changes to this Policy by telling you about them in the forums. Should we make a material change to the manner in which we handle your collected personal information, we will place a prominent notice on the Site, or notify you by email prior to the change becoming effective.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
· We will not give personal information to advertisers;
· We do not tolerate spam;
· You may occasionally be notified by email of announcements from Mahaj; you may opt out of these announcements at any time by using the unsubscribe link contained in each email announcement.
Information we collect
Our main purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with an enjoyable, customized, and efficient experience on our Site. It is our policy to never willfully disclose any personal information about our registered users to the general public without their consent. Mahaj collects information from you when you register and conduct certain activities on the Site. We collect your full name, valid telephone number, contact/billing information, email address, and shipping address. Most of this information is collected only when you decide to become a seller on the site. Each Member must create a unique user id and password. We also provide you the opportunity to create a profile on the Site, which, depending on your preferences can be public or private. Please note that any information you select to provide in your public profile or via other public areas of the Site can be viewed and used by other Members of these forums to send you unsolicited messages. Mahaj is not responsible for the personal information users' elect to disclose in public forums and we encourage you to use discretion.
How is my information used?
The information collected from Mahaj Members is used to improve product offerings, customize our Site's content and layout, and for marketing and statistical effort. Occasionally, we will send you emails about our new services or promotions. You can always opt-out of receiving any information from us by updating your account preferences in your account or by using the unsubscribe link contained in each email. To change access, delete, or modify any of your personal information can be accomplished by logging into your account on the Site. We do reserve the right to send users service and notification emails, which are considered a part of your account; given that these messages are not promotional in nature, you generally cannot opt-out of account notifications without deleting your account.
Who will see my personal information?
Our number one priority is to keep your personal information private and confidential. We will not willfully disclose your personal information to third parties. And we will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone. However, certain personal information will be made available to others in the process of using our Site. This information includes:
· Other visitors to our Site may view your user ID, rating, city, profile (which includes multiple fields you may elect to fill out or leave blank), and other items you have for sale;
· In order to complete the transaction, the buyer and seller are provided with each others email and postal address;
· When making an offer, the seller can view your user ID, rating and your city.
Of course, once you provide personal information to a buyer or seller on our Site, Mahaj has no control over how that information is used by the other individual. You should discuss any privacy concerns you may have with any individual you meet through our Site, as the only protection you will have is whatever terms you agree to directly with the other individual.
Mahaj will disclose your personal information to others under the following circumstances:
· You consent to share the information;
· To law enforcement where a formal request has been made such as in responding to subpoenas, court orders or legal process;
· Your actions on our Site are, or appear to be, in violation of the Terms of Service and disclosure of this information will assist in efforts to enforce the Terms of Service;
· You post a listing, which Mahaj believes in its sole discretion, may create liability for Mahaj and disclosure of this personal information may minimize or eliminate its liability.